Sunday, December 31, 2006

Barcelona Restaurant and Wine Bar

Note: This post is not related to Malaysian food. Writings on Malaysian food will resume when I am back from my vacation.

Even when I'm away from home, it's hard not to get excited about the food I've enjoyed abroad. We were introduced to this great restaurant located in SoNo (South Norwalk), Connecticut. We had arrived at close to 9.00pm on a weeknight and the restaurant and bar were packed.

Having eaten all kinds of burgers and hotdogs, we were in the mood for something different. The affable waiter offered us a menu consisting of two pages of a variety of tapas. We were spoilt for choice, but eventually ended up deciding on:



Gambas al Ajilio - sauteed shrimp with garlic and sherry

Chicken chorizo

Ceviche - shrimp, red snapper,calamari, cilantro, peppers, lime juice and tomato

Grilled hangar steak

Albondigas - meatballs in tomato sauce

Porcini - crusted chicken


*Note: My apologies for the photographs! The place had a nice atmosphere, lit by candlelight and fairy lights, and I didn't want to spoil it with my camera flash. Imagination is a wonderful tool, and I encourage you to use it right now. :-)

Everything was downed with white wine sangria, the perfect complement to our tapas meal!


The meal was delicious and the company was excellent. Dinner came up to US$100 (with tips) for three.

Barcelona Wine Bar
22 Elizabeth Street
SoNo, CT 06854
Ph: 203-9138844
F: 203-2991417

No comments: