Thursday, December 13, 2007

Party Cupcakes by Audrey

(Part 2) - Continuation of Pretty Pui's Surprise Party


IMG_2954-1


I've always had a fascination for prettily decorated cupcakes. I'm not sure if it's a girly thing because I've seen guys look gleefully at them before. Perhaps it's the anticipation of bite-sized goodness in a gorgeously wrapped package.


IMG_2951


I've tried loads of commercially produced cupcakes and felt that it was time for a change. So when I found out about Audrey and her delicious cupcakes, I sent her an email immediately. Her prompt reply accompanied by pictures of her works of art sealed the deal for me.


IMG_2888


Since we had chosen a pink and white theme for Pretty Pui's party at My Elephant, it was only apt to have cupcakes with the same colour theme. A couple of emails flew back and forth and we finally decided on a garden theme with pink and white flowers and bits of pastel blue to provide some contrast. I didn't want it to be overly sweet, so I chose a dark chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. (For those who don't care much for the bitter edge, there is a milk chocolate option that goes very well with chocolate frosting for a rich chocolate cupcake experience.)


IMG_2886


With Christmas around the corner, now would be a great time to try Audrey's cupcakes. Do note that she does this on a part-time basis, so she may not be able to accommodate all orders. You can reach Audrey at audreychoo@time.net.my.

23 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

So Pink! So Pretty! So Perfect! So, uhm, so... YOU. ;)

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh pinky flowers..... lovely cupcakes!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Kenny Mah: LOL. U know me so well!

BBO: ya lor. was so reluctant to eat 'em!

Jason said...

Cantik-lah. Maybe I should get this for Christmas party.

Padmaja said...

Gosh they look so yummy!! I love those pinkies!! mmmhh!!!

NekoHime said...

Pretty!!! :) I am fascinated

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wow..i can imagine how much hard work it was..*imagining that day when i was designing my abstract art cupcake*..

HairyBerry said...

Of pink and white
The colours of the night
A friend not in sight
In your heart she'll light.

Hehe..thanks for the char kway teow rhyme! very nice cupcakes, btw! love the frosting..great choice of blue for the contrast!

Anonymous said...

Wah Pretty in Pink....me lyk. Have a great Kerismas and new year.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

jason: that's a great idea!

padmaja: I'm sure it takes a lot of care to design those cupcakes. :-)

neko hime: they are!! i love looking at them!

joe: time for you and I to take some lessons, eh? :-D

nic:
your rhyming
gets me humming
keep 'em coming
i mean, the rhyming.

kopisoh: Hope you have a great Christmas too!!!! :-)

Kenny Leong said...

Oh, is good to get some for christmas.

sunita said...

Wow!!I'm drooling over those cupcakes...they are simply to die for...lovely

backStreetGluttons said...

it is always interesting to see & enjoy lovely things before one eats but we do feel a bit sad if we have to eat them too ...
but never mind , as long as LL & PP are happy...

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Kenny: Cupcakes at Xmas is a great idea!

Sunita: Same here, my dear. Same here!

Team BSG: hahahahaha. if it weren't for my medication, I'd think there was a double entendre there.

yammylicious said...

*Dooling*

pretty, lovely cupcakes..
so cute!! great idea for xmas..

MeiyeN said...

my god.. it's really pretty! where did you get them from?

wmw said...

I'm imagining a garden of these lovely cupcakes! hahaha...

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

yammylicious: faster order now! hehe.

meiyen: I got them from a lady called Audrey. Her email is on the blog post. Do try the cakes and let me know what you think!

wmw: that's paradise. :-P

Precious Pea said...

EEEEeeeee...so tweet! Too tweet to be eaten!!!

ekeng said...

awwww....it's so cute and lovely :)

Ms One Boobie said...

Very pretty indeed.. ;)

JOjo said...

Woah! Gorgeous looking cupcakes. So I guess i', not the only one who love pretty looking cupcakes.

For your viewing pleasure http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgcupcake_momma/

Happy weekend!

msiagirl said...

You sooooo girly, girl!xx