Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Petaling Street hor fun with shredded chicken and prawn wantan

It was a really hot Monday, and I had a meeting scheduled for 3.00pm, so when Pretty Pui suggested walking to Petaling Street because she was craving for hor fun (flat white noodles), I hesitated. But her pitiful looks brought out the compassionate side of me, and I gave in.

The coffeeshop we were headed to was not the more popular hor fun place in Jalan Tun H.S.Lee. This place is located in the heart of Petaling Street opposite Tang City and Kiew Brothers and is known for dishing out a decent bowl of hor fun noodles, with the specialty being the prawn wantan.

I like the look of the coffeeshop. It was clean - you could almost see your reflection on the table, and there was a large mirror facing the entrance of the shop if you are into some preening, although I'm sure the greater purpose would be for some sort of feng shui.




The noodles came fast enough. I had ordered the hor fun in soup with shredded chicken, while the two girls got the dry and soupy version of hor fun with prawn wantan. Ecstatic Eeyore preferred the dry version of the hor fun with shredded chicken.



After seeing the girls' glistening prawn wantan, I couldn't resist the urge to order a bowl of wantans. Eight pieces cost about RM6.50. And the verdict? Ditch the hor fun, and get the wantan. The hor fun is not as smooth as the Ipoh version, and I must say that the KLCC foodcourt Ipoh kiosk has a better version. The prawn filling in the wantan had a nice crunch to it, although it was a little salty.


I went for my meeting that day, RM13 poorer, and with clothes drenched in sweat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dried hor fun was salty too.