Sunday, August 19, 2007

How To Piss Off Your Husband In One Day....And How To Win Him Back

HOW TO PISS HIM OFF


1.
Wake up early on a Saturday morning and tell him you're going off for breakfast at Hong Kee Tim Sum Restaurant with Precious Pea, Allan Yap, Fatboybakes, Jackson, Teckiee and Kenny Mah....but without him.

2.
Tell him that he has to take care of the weekend housecleaner/maid while you're having fun with your blogger friends.

3.
Tell him that Fatboybakes brought delicious durian cheesecake for the breakfast group, and that there were a few extra pieces, but because you had stuff to do after breakfast and weren't able to go home immediately, you didn't pack any for him.


Durian cheesecake by FBB


4.
Pack two packets of Sang Chau Loh Mai Fan (fried glutinous rice) from Hong Kee Tim Sum as a peace offering for him, but spend too much time at the hair salon after breakfast. As a result, you can't go home on time to deliver the rather cold Sang Chau Loh Mai Fan to your ravenous husband.

5.
Well, the hair salon isn't the only excuse. With fifteen minutes to spare between the hair salon and the next facial appointment, you squeeze in enough time to grab a quick lunch with Kenny Mah, but not enough time to send home the very cold packets of Sang Chau Loh Mai Fan.

6.
After the facial, you pop by at Just Heavenly to chitchat with the very yummy Allan Yap while he works on two GORGEOUS wedding cakes. The two packets of Sang Chau Loh Mai Fan are no longer cold, but change temperature to boiling point in the afternoon heat in the car while you spend a good hour and a half in Allan's very nice-smelling kitchen.


Just Heavenly wedding cake


7.
On the way home at 5.45pm, you get hunger pangs and call your husband, asking him if he'll let you eat one packet of Sang Chau Loh Mai Fan.

8.
After feeding hubby with the remaining packet of Sang Chau Loh Mai Fan (considered a very late lunch) at 6.30pm, you tell him that you want to take a short nap because you're exhausted. You promise to cook him a nice dinner when you wake up in an hour. You end up waking up at 7.00am the next day, on time for church.



HOW TO REDEEM YOURSELF


1.
Treat him to a VERY EXPENSIVE BRUNCH at Jarrod & Rawlins in Damansara Heights. All of RM76.48 to be precise. DO NOT whine. DO NOT complain. Look HAPPY. And tell him how lucky you are to have a wonderful husband like him.


Y Y Y Y Y





The soulful strains of Nat King Cole welcomed us as we stepped foot into Jarrod & Rawlins this morning. I was hungry, having slept through dinner last night, and he just wanted an expensive breakfast from me. Jarrod & Rawlins satisfied both our needs.


At Jarrod & Rawlins At Jarrod & Rawlins At Jarrod & Rawlins Bald Eagle


We were both ambitious. I was hungry, so I chose the J & R's Special Fried Breakfast set consisting of two eggs, two sausage, bacon, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, fried bread, coffee and juice. All for RM34 (US$10) before taxes.


Fried Breakfast



He chose the same breakfast because it was the most expensive.


grilled tomatoes Fried bread Pork bangers Coffee and juice


The eggs, cooked sunny side up, were delicious. The yolks were slightly runny, just the way I like them. The pork bangers were great; the flavours of the minced pork and the seasoning were lovely and they were lightly grilled to allow the bangers to be sufficiently juicy. They can also be purchased at the counter at RM4.50 per 100gms. Similarly, the bacon was also grilled lightly to ensure that the meat was not overly dry. Sadly, the sliced mushrooms were sauteed in too much oil, and I spent quite a bit of time squeezing the oil out. I enjoyed eating the fried bread - such a simple thing, but fried so evenly, soaking in a bit of oil but still retaining it crispness.


Bald Eagle wolfed down everything. Unfortunately, I was overambitious and should have stuck to the normal Fried Breakfast menu (priced at RM28). I struggled to finish my breakfast and felt like the sausages and fried bread and sauteed mushrooms and all the excess oil were oozing out through my pores and nose and ears.

Jarrod & Rawlins
No. 6, Lorong Dungun
Damansara Heights, 50480 KL

Tel: 03-2093 0708

Also at:
No. 36 (Grd floor), Jalan 27/70A,
Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 KL

Tel: 03-2300 0708


And.........



Bald Eagle is going to be pleasantly surprised when he sees what's waiting for him when he comes home tonight after the Liverpool-Chelsea match. Delicious vanilla and chocolate cupcakes by Boo_licious!! (Although I've already eaten half of them...yummy...thanks, Boo!! And congratulations on achieving 1 million hits!)

Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes by Boolicious Yummy cupcakes by Boolicious


Yep, I think I've redeemed myself!! *wide grin*


Y

28 comments:

wmw said...

Wow! You definitely had a packed Saturday...

Argus Lou said...

Aiya! Poor man was neglected the whole Saturday by Sleeping Eater/Beauty wifey. For the lavish breakfast and cupcakes, you deserved to be forgiven and wetly kissed, Lyrical.

Good news -- Small Duck has been spotted again this evening. I'm so happy! ;-D

msiagirl said...

Well at least his team didn't lose, since it was a draw - so hope his weekend ended on a very nice cupcake note! Ahh husbands, they go off and spend loads of time doing what they like, then get miffed if you're not around when they crook their little finger. However, I would be miffed if I knew you had a packet of that loh mai fun and would not bring it to me. *grin* Miss you too! We'll have to talk about when you are coming over, plan some days to stay with me OK?

backStreetGluttons said...

suffice to say he is indeed ravennous the way he eagled it but we r quite overawed by your impossible recovery shots though we are also fully aware of the delicious Xtraneous exciting coming hazardous temptations lurking beside the corners .
Solitude is at hand so ...

boo_licious said...

Awww, poor Bald Eagle but never mind he had a lovely brekkie and cupcakes to eat. I also missed the yummy durian cheesecake (sniff!)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha ... can almost see his sulking face there, guess that was taken before the breakfast ? Good job! Now I know what to do when I piss my other half hehehe ...

Precious Pea said...

Poor Eagle!!!! Hahahahahahahah!! I was at J&R too yesterday but at the hartamas branch. Went to Fogal's and Izakaya after that.

Big Boys Oven said...

Wah! you so BAD and yet so charming. hahahahahahah! he is so lucky, lucky.

Kenny Mah said...

Heh heh heh. I don't think any of us realised exactly how much we were depriving Bald Eagle of your luscious company. But I think you more than made up for it on Sunday. ;)

Ah, what I'd give to relive my Saturday and Sunday again... Especially Sunday. A perfect weekend. *sighs*

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

slept from 6.30 till the next day?? wow..u can sleep.. i just had a similar one yesterday..9pm till 7 am..missed my arsenal match and woke up late for work!

how come i didnt receive any cupcakes..i am also a very devoted fan

fatboybakes said...

yar, where are my cupcakes?????
i'm surprised he hasnt dumped you oridi after such treatment....for golf or for a soccer team

teckiee said...

HAHAHAHA ROTF! i think bald eagle is wishing for more of your salon and facial sessions ;p

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

wmw:

yep, i sure did.

argus lou:

hahaha...I got my wet kisses, alright. :-P Hey, it's wonderful that Small Duck is safe!!! I know you were really concerned...we all were.

msiagirl:

well, I more than made up for it. now planning for next week. teehee!! Yes yes, I'll email you once my dates are confirmed, k!!

jackson:

it was eventful. :-P

the team:

solitude is at hand?? LOL. Not sure what u mean...haha...

boolicious:

ya lor...you'll just have to beg fbb to make another durian cheesecake, hor? I'm sure fbb loves us enuff to make another one, right? ;-)

foodielianne:

just don't make it a habit to piss him off. You could end up very poor. hahaha.

preciouspea:

goodness, sista! you're one heck of a foodie queen!!

BBO:

yeah, he's a lucky one, alright. When I'm not neglecting him, he is VERY pampered. ;-)

kenny:

hehe...I sure did! I have a lighter wallet now. :-P I'm glad you had a lovely Sunday, Kenny! I did too...watching the World Badminton Championship with the love of my life (Bald Eagle...you reading this?? lol).

nipples:

what, you missed your arsenal match!! That's terrible, dude! Yeah, I was pretty exhausted that day, and Bald Eagle didn't want to wake me up from my deep slumber...so sweet....

fatboybakes:

aiyoh, he left me a long time ago for the Liverpool football team lar. But that's okay...now's the season for me to catch up on my reading, blogging, etc. while he's out watching the football games with his mates. hehe. Looks like I'll be free for the next three months or so...woohooo!! hehehe.

teckiee:

I hope he's not reading this. Nanti, for every time I neglect him, he's going to demand for more and more expensive makan sessions. LOL.

Rarebeet said...

aiyooo, poor bald eagle! Well think you more than made up for it on sunday! I want cupcake too!!

Tummythoz said...

So exhausted until you slept before sundown till sunrise? Hmm.. beauty regime & social gatherings do drain oneself huh. =P That an understanding hubby u've caught!

Anonymous said...

poor bald eagle

nice durian cake

yummy brunch @ J&R

delish cupcakes!!!

how lucky u r president :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

paprika:

Oh yeah, he got his money's worth, all right! hehe. He's hoping I'll piss him off again so that he can get free food from me.

tummythoz:

I couldn't have asked for more. :-)

xiu long bao:

short and sweet, huh? hehe.

Anonymous said...

hehehe ... luckily you redeemed yourself. With mine, I usually bake him a nice brownie or cook his favourites and followed by steamy sessions. ;)

Anonymous said...

*rolling on floor laughing out loud*

That is a good one though. Looks like you have a good weekend.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

the cooking ninja:

A brownie and a steamy session, eh? Sounds perfect! I should try it some time.

hijackqueen:

haha. Bald Eagle had a good laugh too. :-) Am glad he has a great sense of humour.

Anonymous said...

Aiyor, poor Bald Eagle.

MeiyeN said...

wow....to piss and to win him, not that easy i thought.. lol.... enjoyed reading this post of yours!:D

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

jason:

awww. what about poor LL? Got lighter pocket now mah. LOL.

meiyen:

well, it helps that he's forgiving, like how all spouses should be to each other. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. They are beautiful.

UnkaLeong said...

Terrible fella you...Hahaha...Poor Bald Eagle. If myself means more expensive breakfast, lunch AND dinner... =p

k.t.x said...

ohh, i wanna hv the sang chou loh mai farn, the bacon and breakfast set looked soo mouth watering, i m soo out of date. after laying my eyes on the durian cheesecake for countless times posted by various quaters, i so wanna wanna! yet to try those pretty heavenly pleasures fares, ohhh, the cupcakes, wonder why did boo left me out?...lol.

oh, i so wanna hv a husband like him....lol.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

traderjanki:

thanks!! and thanks for visiting! :-)

unkaleong:

well, thank God I'm not married to you then! :-P heehee. *hugz*

k.t.x:

I was fine until I saw your last sentence.

I didn't know you felt that way about men, k.t.x. *wink* Hmmmmmm..... ;-)

Unknown said...

hahaha, ur art of pissing off 'unintentionally' is great!! or is it on purpose? hahah