Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kampachi @ Pavilion KL


sushi & sashimi bento

It was one of those spontaneous moments when JFKA wannabe, Nipples, asked me to join him for dinner at the latest mall in town and I said yes. I wanted to eat at Kampachi, and he didn't mind eating at Kampachi again, so it was an easy decision to make. After all, I never say no to Japanese food.

Seasoned baby octopus

Getting a table wasn't very difficult on a weekday night, but we chose to sit at the sushi bar instead, hoping to catch a glimpse of some of the action behind the counter. We were not disappointed. 2 little plates of seasoned baby octopus were placed in front of us. I loved the sweet and savoury dish which went down in an instant.

cold soba with dried nori tsuyu with condiments - raw quail's egg and chopped spring onions

Since Nipples didn't get a chance to eat soba on his first visit to Kampachi, this was his obvious choice. His cold soba served with crisp nori came with a tsuyu broth with raw quail's egg and chopped spring onions.

grilled fish tempura

His set also came with tempura and grilled fish. If I'm not mistaken, it cost a little over RM30. He seemed quite pleased with his meal.

sashimi

I took the sushi and sashimi bento (RM40). What I like about the sashimi is that they were generous portions - thick cut and very fresh.

unagi

It also came with grilled unagi (eel). Aaaah. Despite the unadventurous orders, this was comfort food for us. The food's good. The prices are reasonable. The ingredients are fresh. Definitely worth a second visit.

sushi

Also see Lots Of Cravings and Masak-masak for reviews of other good stuff.

Kampachi @ Pavilion
Level 6, Pavilion, KL.

Tel: 03-2148 9608

29 comments:

jasmine said...

another place i've been meaning to visit in pavilion... everything looks good!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

so does it mean i have passed the interview?? kekeke...

HairyBerry said...

passed by kampachi yesterday around 1 pm. since it was quite empty, i thought the food was only so-so. looks like i was wrong! it's time for my kampachi debut, hehe...

Jun said...

budget aside, whr's the best place for jap in town? i'll be gng home soon, so i thought i'd seek the trusted opinion of the jfka president ;p

Big Boys Oven said...

So delicious, a definitely well spot on japanese restaurant that will never go wrong!

Xiu Long Bao said...

Somehow during my last visit, the soba was abit disappointing, not cold n springy enoh. Maybe the expectation was way too high when they claim that their noodles are all homemade. Other than that the food was decent, i love their grilled puffer fish :)

amna said...

lovely presentation!

Bernsy said...

hahaha, mrnipples !! ROFL....

Anonymous said...

The grilled fish looks kinda small in portion.

Precious Pea said...

Madam President, when is the JFKA Committee meeting going to be held???

ling239 said...

prices are so reasonable !!
considering the fact that it is located in a posh mall ~ ^_^

~Christine~Leng said...

I went there yesterday and the food was good! A re-visit for sure :) Love the poshy environment :)

M.H. said...

Drool! Now I want those yummy sushis!

msiagirl said...

hey looks like fun!!

wmw said...

I'll sing it again ..."Turning Japanese, I think you're turning Japanese..." Hehe...

Argus Lou said...

waaaaaa... wai u din take me to eet sushi last taim? waaaaaaaaa...

Kenny Mah said...

Hmm... do you think it'd be a nice place to take a date to? Or would my favourite unagi totally ruin my breath and chances of a goodnight kiss? Lol.

Btw, how come we never go nipponmakan-ing before? You such a big fan of nipponmakan and all... :P

You could educate me, my dear...

MeiyeN said...

i love cha soba and theirs look so "elegant"!!!!

Christina Kim said...

I like Japanese food too:)But selective though...i always go for grilled salmon and teriyaki:D

UnkaLeong said...

Pai Khin ahan yi-pun kor mai bok...Lerm ber too-rasap ror?

Henry Yeo said...

WOOHOO!!!! We are famous!!!
our blogs are now listed on the MIGF website under the publicity section (Web resources)

Henry Yeo said...

someone did go to the Patricia Yeo at Westin. Here is the URL:
http://foodie.parisbeaverbanks.com/

Anonymous said...

Eh, got temp membership or not?? Since I am not around most of the time..

mrkat was very impressed with pavilion, esp the food court that did not look like a food court!! he says this place beats malls in AD hands down! I am so gonna go when I get back!! you know how difficult it is to find jap food here??

Unknown said...

wanted to go since ages ago but still couldn't lift my butt up, niple's set looks interesting

ekeng said...

i saw you guys there on that day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really good spot.. for japanese food.. :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

jasmine: Yes, do visit it! I'd love to go back and try all the other stuff on the menu too!

Nipples: Ummmmmm...... :-P

nic: Maybe not many ppl know of its existence on the 6th floor? Yeah, check it out and let me know if u enjoyed it!

jun: I love the food in Hajime. Reasonably priced and very good. You can see the link on my blog. Another option is Iketeru. When are u coming back to KL?

BBO: true, true....

XLB: Grilled puffer fish, eh? noted....will try it next time. :-D

nags: the japanese excel in presentation!

bernsy: do u know Nipples personally? ;-) Would u like to get to know him? ;-)

jason: It's part of a set. Any bigger and it may be too much to eat! hehe.

Precious Pea: The secret mission will be given to you very very soon... ;-)

ling239: yeah, I agree with you!

christine leng: Time for a revisit for me too!

myf: hehe...me too!

msiagirl: Always, my dear, always...!

wmw: I always knew that. heehehee.

argus lou: You lar!! Ask you to go out, but u so busy with your OTHER friends. :-P

kenny dear, I'm always up to japanese food. You know my policy...YOU have to ask me. :-P

meiyen: Elegant, eh...I suppose you're right!

Christy: Some of my makan kaki are like you too! :-P

Unkaleong: Ummmm.......

Henry: Ummmm.......

Kat: Dunno how u can survive without japanese food lor! I'd probably die of misery. :-P Yeah, you have loads of new malls to visit when you come back. And temp membership always available for you, girl!!

kampungboycitygal: he didn't let me try his food at all. cheh.

ekeng: why you never say hi wan? we are very friendly ppl. :-)

mama bok: It's a lovely restaurant. Nice, minimalistic decor.

KY said...

you explicitly allows this site to copy all the photos?

http://www.foodlah.com/2007/11/18/kampachi-pavilion-kl/

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

KY: No, I've not given any permission to this person to use my works. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!