Monday, November 06, 2006

In the beginning - He who eats alone chokes alone


There is a saying that goes "We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink". That has certainly not been too much of a chore for me as my "eating companions" literally appeared before my eyes at a time when I was wondering who my new friends would be during a time of change that took place some time in the middle of 2006. In addition to the faithful loyals, Pretty Pui and Bouncing Barbie, we met several chaps who shared the same passion for food as we did, people who carried out enigmatic discussions on the virtues of char siew with or without honey; people who believe that food is an important part of a balanced diet. :-)

Having established a Makan Club and having identified 80-odd eating places (I don't call them restaurants as some of them are merely wooden structures designed to prevent the bird-droppings from falling into that bowl of pan-mee), it seemed only appropriate to document our adventures and relive them every couple of months. Yes, I do have a memory of a goldfish (to quote Finding Nemo...a classic!), so this is for me and for everyone who suffers from Alzheimer's.

No comments: